Windhoek Beer Continues its Search for SA’s Best Shisanyama Plus stand a chance to win a hamper
South Africans love Shisanyama, from the vibe to the delicious smell of meat grilling on an open fire,and the selection of tasty side dishes all washed down with an ice cold beer.
Windhoek Beer believes thata good Shisanyama is best enjoyed with 100% Pure Beer and has been searching for SA’s best Shisanyama since October 2017. According to popular local chef and television personality,Chef Benny Masekwameng, the mark of a great Shisanyama experience is usually found in its signature taste/flavour and the quality of the ingredients used to create the meal. “It could be the specifically created spice mixor the special basting sauce,or even the type of wood used to create the fire that gives their meat a distinct flavour.”
Whatever the secret toa great Shisanyama, Windhoek Beer is challenging South Africans to vote for their nominated favourites from the top regions, during the Windhoek Shisanyama Search with Chef Benny. Locals who vot estand the chance to win instant prizes or tickets to join in the action atthe final event taking place on the 10th December in Soweto.
The main event will bring together the top eight Shisanyama finalists in one venue. It will be an explosion of delicious Shisanyamatastes, complemented by ice coldWindhoek Beer and great entertainment creating an ultimate experience for fans.
The winning Shisanyama, voted for by consumers and moderated by judges, including Chef Benny, will walk away with bragging rights and prizes worth half a Million Rand.
To vote for your favourite Shisanyamafrom the top regions, dial *120*4321# and follow the prompts or visit www.windhoekbeer.co.za. To stand a chance to win instant prizes and tickets to the main event, buy a Windhoek beer, dial *120*4321#, and enter your unique code (found under the bottle crown or can ring pull).
Chef Benny shares some tips on creating a great Shisanyamaexperience
Q: What is it about a Shisanyama that makes it the ultimate hangout for you?
It’s the perfect combination of good food and great beer enhanced by a great vibe and good friends.
Q: Chef, can you share your top tips on creating you own Shisanyama experience at home?
1. Your three essential ingredients include: great company, great food and 100% pure beer
2. The secret to creating great Shisanyama starts with getting the fire right. Once you have a good fire going the rest is easy.
3. Get the temperature of the fire right withthe palm test. If your palm feels too hot the fire is ready, if you can keep it there for five seconds or more, the temperature is too low – either lower the grill closer to the fire or add hot coals.
4. Buy the best quality meat available for your budget and keep at room temperature at least 30 minutes prior to braaing.
5. When using seasoning spices or a basting sauce do so moderately,you don’t want to overpower the delicious true flavour of a good quality cut of meat. Enhance the natural flavour of the meat by marinating with a small amount of: salt; pepper; olive oil; garlic and/or herbs.
For more information follow Windhoek BeeronFacebook, Twitter and YouTube.
4 hampers are up for grabs, each includes 6 Windhoek Lager pack, Wooden Meat Board and also an Apron.
To stand a chance to win a hamper, answer the following:
Which 100% Pure Beer is best enjoyed when at a Shisanyama?
Send answer, name and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November Monday 27 November 2017.
Ts& Cs do apply
HAIG CLUB Clubman arrives in style to Johannesburg The Single Grain Scotch is introduced to South Africa in partnership with David Beckham
Designed to be different, HAIG CLUB Clubman is a Single Grain Scotch Whisky that hasRead More
The Orbit Anniversary Festival – #The4thMovement
2018 marks four years of The Orbit’s existence. As has become tradi-tion, this fourth birthdayRead More