FIND YOUR FLAVOUR AT THE 2019 APPETITE FEST
Fans of the Australian Master Chef show can view the three judges up close at the 2019 Appetite Fest at Time Square next month.
Despite their recent departure from the show, judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris have confirmed their attendance at the 2019 Appetite Fest from Friday, 13 September to Sunday, 15 September at Time Square. Joining them will be fellow Australian Chef Shannon Bennet and Sashi Chelia, the season 10 Master Chef Australia winner.
The event will also include a stellar line-up of South African food personalities such as food writer and presenter Sarah Graham; celebrated chef, restauranteur and food personality Bertus Basson; acclaimed author and TV chef Siba Mtonga, whose show Siba’s Table is hosted to an international audience on the BBC Food network; food blogger and private chef Clare Allen and Lorna Maseko, of reality cooking and lifestyle series The Hostess with Lorna. They will be hosted by TV talk show host, Dan Nicholl.
TICKETS: packages for every taste
Tickets for the event are available from Computicket:
• A day pass costs R175 per adult and R60 per child, and a multiple access weekend pass costs R450 per adult and R150 per child. These passes grant general access to the exhibition area and outdoor activation space and offer a fun, family experience of artisan foods, craft brewers and distillers, premium wines, food trucks, and entertainment. Visitors can watch international and local chefs in action in various food theatres and the curious foodies among them can ask the chefs questions.
Additional ticket options offer general access and more niche experiences:
• #ImCookingWith classes offer a more hands on experience at R950 per person per day. Ticketholders get to hang out with their favourite celebrity chef and learn how they prepare their signature dish in a 75 minute class. The choice of chefs includes Shannon Bennet, Sashi Cheliah, Sarah Graham, Bertus Basson and Siba. The experience includes a general access day pass.
• Tickets to the VIP Hospitality Suite cost R2500 per person and grant access to a limited-access private VIP suite hosted by one of the chef’s. The experience includes a full bar, breakfast, mid-morning snacks, a finger lunch, afternoon tea and a canapé dinner as well as a general access day pass.
• For a more gourmet experience, the Chef’s Table Masterclass at R2 500 per person will give ticketholders the chance to participate in a Masterclass with their favourite Chef on either the Saturday or the Sunday. The experience also includes a three course meal and drinks, as well as general access for the day.
• A Friday Special Chef’s Master Class with Matt, Gary and George. For R4 000, each ticketholder will get to watch the three chefs prepare a three course dinner for them, which will be paired with local wines. Ticketholders will also receive weekend passes to the event.
• A Thursday Evening with Matt, Gary and George offers an opportunity to spend an evening listening to and interacting with all the chefs at a cost of R5 000. The evening includes a three course dinner prepared by Matt, Gary and George paired with local wines. Ticketholders will also receive weekend passes to the event.
Programme of theatre demonstrations
Chef’s Demo Theatre A
Host: Lorna Maseko Chef’s Demo Theatre B
Host: Claire Allen
Fri 10h00 Gary Mehigan Fri 11h00 Sarah Graham
Fri 12h00 Siba Fri 13h00 Claire Allen
Fri 14h00 Lorna Maseko Fri 15h00 Shannon Bennett
Fri 16h00 Sashi Cheliah Fri 17h00 Bertus Basson
Fri 18h00 Matt Preston Fri 19h00 George Calombaris
Sat 10h00 Bertus Basson Sat 11h00 Sashi Cheliah
Sat 12h00 Lorna Maseko Sat 13h00 Sarah Graham
Sat 14h00 Gary Mehigan Sat 15h00 Shannon Bennett
Sat 16h00 Adrian Vaughan Sat 17h00 Matt Preston
Sat 18h00 George Calombaris Sat 19h00 Siba
Sun 10h00 Sarah Graham Sun 11h00 Sashi Cheliah
Sun 12h00 Warren Mendes Sun 13h00 Bertus Basson
Sun 14h00 Matt Preston Sun 15h00 Shannon Bennett
Sun 16h00 Adrian Vaughan Sun 17h00 Gary Mehigan
Sun 18h00 George Calombaris Sun 19h00 Siba
SMIRNOFF’S ZONE 1818 MUSIC SHOW KICKS OFF THE FESTIVE SEASON IN AUTHENTIC TOWNSHIP STYLE
This past Saturday Smirnoff 1818 presented the most epic party that brought together a medleyRead More
RESHAPING BODY POSITIVITY: TASTIC AND NTOKOZO MBAMBO’S PURPOSE-LED COLLABORATION
Tastic continues its mission of supporting phenomenal South Africans who continue to make a differenceRead More